A Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer and a 1952 Maserati A6G 2000 Spider are early announcements for the Bonhams Scottsdale 2019 sale.
An early highlight announced for the Bonhams Scottsdale 2019 sale is a Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer. This car was raced by Stirling Moss and Walt Hansgen, and was the SCCA C-Modified National Championship Winner. A further top car is a 1952 Maserati A6G 2000 Spider with rare Frua coachwork.
Bonhams Scottsdale Classic Car Auction 2019
Bonhams eighth annual Scottsdale, Arizona, sale will be held on 17 January 2019 at the Westin Kierland Resort.
In 2018, Bonhams earned $25.2 million at Scottsdale with 94 of 108 lots offered sold – a sell-through rate of 87% and an average price of $267,649 per car. In 2017, Bonhams earned $36 million from just over 100 cars with sell-through rate of 82%.
The top result at Bonhams Scottsdale 2018 was a new model-record $5,170,000 paid for a 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder that finished Le Mans fifth overall.
Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer
Bonhams announced a former Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer driven by Stirling Moss and Walt Hansgen, and the SCCA C-Modified National Championship Winner for the 2019 Bonhams Scottsdale sale. This victorious competition car designed by Frank Costin during the golden years of post-war racing is considered one of the most original examples in existence. Rare, pedigreed and successful, it’s an exceptional motorcar worthy of the finest collections.
More details and an estimate have not yet been released.
Top Jaguars at Recent Scottsdale Auctions
Scottsdale and racing Jaguars have a mixed history. In 2018, RM Sotheby’s and Gooding both offered racing Jaguar D-Types but both failed to sell. The Works 1954 Jaguar D-Type at RM Sotheby’s received a highest bid of $9.8 million while the red 1956 Jaguar D-Type at Gooding’s highest bid was $8.85 million.
However, the top result at the Scottsdale 2017 auctions was a Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Competition that Bonhams sold for a model record $7,370,000.
1952 Maserati A6G 2000 Spider
Another early announcement for the Bonhams Scottsdale 2019 sale is an exquisite 1952 Maserati A6G 2000 Spider. This very rare model with coachwork by Frua – one of only three ever built – has been expertly researched, documented and restored, and shown at the finest concours d’elegance in the world, namely Pebble Beach and Villa d’Este. It’s a pure and pristine example of one of the most sought after Italian bespoke open-top sports cars.
Details of the specific car and an estimate have not yet been released by 1950s Maseratis achieved strong results at recent auctions with a 1955 Maserati A6G/2000 Spyder by Zagato selling for over $4.5 million at RM Auctions Art of the Automobile sale in 2013.
More on Scottsdale 2019 Collector Car Auctions
The first major collector car auction series of the year is traditionally the Scottsdale and Phoenix auctions in Arizona, USA, in mid-January.
Most major car auctioneers have sales in Arizona including Barrett-Jackson, Bonhams, Gooding and RM Sotheby’s. A notable exception is Mecum that start the auction year a few weeks earlier at Kissimmee in Florida.
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Sale Results
- Scottsdale Arizona 2019 Classic Car Sales – Auctions Results Overview
- Bonhams – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Results
- Gooding – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s – 2019 Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Charity Lots Results
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Sale Previews:
- Top Ten Ferraris at Scottsdale, Arizona 2019
- Bonhams – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Preview
- Gooding – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Preview
- RM Sotheby’s – 2019 Arizona Auction Preview
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Pre-Sale Announcements:
- Bonhams – Ferrari 500 Mondial Spider
- Bonhams – Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer
- Bonhams – Miura, Porsche 904 & 356 Carrera Cabriolet
- Gooding – Four Mercedes Benz 300 Classics
- Gooding – Top 1960s Ferraris – including a 275 Prototype & 250 GTB SWB
- Gooding – Top 1950s Ferraris – including a 250 GT Tour de France, 250 MM Spider & 212 Europa Cabriolet
- Gooding – American Muscle Cars – including three Shelby Cobras
- Barrett Jackson – 2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition VIN001
- Barrett-Jackson – 2020 Toyota Supra VIN20201
- Barrett-Jackson – 14 Charity Lots, including four Bumblebee Camaros.
- RM Sotheby’s – Top Ferraris