A 1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT Alloy, estimate $2,300,000-$2,600,000, is the lead car at the Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 classic car auction.
Bonhams will offer only two cars at the Amelia Island 2017 classic car sale with estimates above a million dollar: a 1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT Alloy, estimate $2,300,000-$2,600,000, and a 1938 Talbot-Lago T150C ‘Lago Spéciale’ Cabriolet, estimate $1,200,000-$1,500,000. However, a wide variety of interesting cheaper cars will be on offer including several pre-First World War brass era automobiles.
Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 Classic Car Auction
Bonhams will hold its third Amelia Island classic car sale on March 9, 2017 at the Fernandina Beach Golf Club in Florida, USA. In addition to automobilia and art, 87 motorcars are on offer.
Bonhams’ top result at the 2016 Amelia Island classic car auction was $9,735,000 for a 1937 Bugatti Type 57 SC Sports Tourer. (RM Sotheby’s is hoping for similar money for a 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Cabriolet by Vanvooren at its Amelia Island 2017 sale.) In 2016, Bonhams also achieved a strong $2,970,000 for a 1937 Mercedes Benz 540 K Cabriolet A and $2,750,000 for a 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4.
Top Cars at Bonhams Amelia Island 2017
The top cars on offer at the Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 sale are:
|1955||Ferrari 250 Europe GT Alloy||2,300,000-2,600,000|
|1938||Talbot-Lago T150C Lago Speciale Cabriolet||1,200,000-1,500,000|
|1927||Bentley 4.5 Litre Tourer||750,000-900,000|
|2005||Porsche Carrera GT||600,000-700,000|
|1911||Pierce-Arrow Model 48 Touring||550,000-750,000|
|1955||Mercedes Benz 300S Coupe||400,000-550,000|
|1954||Arnolt Bristol Prototype Roadster||400,000-500,000|
Million-Dollar Cars at Bonhams Amelia Island 2017
1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT Alloy
A 1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT Alloy, estimate $2,300,000-$2,600,000, is the only car on offer at Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 that is expected to achieve a multimillion dollar result.
This 1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT Alloy is one of only two examples built with factory competition features and Pinin Farina aluminum bodywork. The car was specifically built for the 1955 Mille Miglia but was not completed in time to participate in the race. Only 44 years later, in 1999, did this Ferrari manage to compete in the Mille Miglia Storica
The lack of in-period racing contributes to its good present condition that includes a matching numbers engine, chassis and bodywork. The Ferrari received a Platinum Award at the FCA’s May 2013 meet in Pasadena.
1938 Talbot-Lago T150C ‘Lago Spéciale’ Cabriolet
The 1938 Talbot-Lago T150C ‘Lago Spéciale’ Cabriolet, estimate $1,200,000-$1,500,000, is the only other car likely to achieved over a million dollar at the Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 sale.
This 1938 Talbot-Lago T150C ‘Lago Spéciale’ Cabriolet is one of 51 T150C cars produced and has a second series body developed from the Joseph Figoni Paris Salon 1934 designs. The car was incomplete when restoration started in 2012 but has been restored to a high level that included a restored engine dyno-tested to produce more than 170 hp.
A few other cars to watch at the Bonhams Amelia Island 2017 auction:
- 1927 Bentley 4.5 Liter Tourer with coachwork by Vandan Plas, estimate $750,000-900,000 – an original and rare open tourer with a well documented history.
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT, estimate $600,000-700,000 – with 8,500 miles covered it is likely to be the cheapest of the four cars on offer at the various auctions at Amelia Island 2017. The Carrera GT at Gooding has done only 130 miles since new.
- 1911 Pierce-Arrow Model 48 Touring, estimate $550,000-750,000 – an exquisite brass era car of fine quality with a good pedigree. Several more pre-First World War cars will be on offer at the Amelia Island auctions.
More on Amelia Island 2017
- The Annual Amelia Island Auctions & Concourse d’Elegance
- 2017 Amelia Island Auctions Previews: Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2017 Amelia Island Auction Press Announcements: RM Sotheby’s (Bugatti Type 57S Cabriolet, Ferrari 250 GTB SWB Berlinetta, Orin Smith Collection, Bentley Le Mans, Ferrari 166 MM), Gooding (Jaguar XKSS, Racing Cars, Porsche Supercars, McLaren P1, Aston Martins)
- 2016 Amelia Island Auction Results Overview
Amelia Island auctions in 2017 are on the following dates: 9 March – Bonhams, 10 March – RM Sotheby’s (Orin Smith Collection) & Gooding, 11 March – RM Sotheby’s (main auction).