The Quail Lodge auctions during the annual mid-August Monterey classic car week are an important sale for the British auctioneer Bonhams.
Bonhams Quail Lodge 2017 Auction Results
Bonhams Quail Lodge 2017 Auction Preview
Bonhams Quail Lodge 2017 Auction Announcements
- Team Cunningham 1963 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Competition Coupe
- Italian Coachbuilt Cars from the 1950s
- 1995 McLaren F1
Bonhams Quail Lodge Auction 2017
The Bonhams Quail Lodge Auction will take place on Friday, August 18, 2017, at Quail Lodge in Carmel, California. It is hosted in conjunction with The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering.
Previous Bonhams Quail Lodge Results
In 2016, Bonhams’ top result at Quail Lodge was $4,000,000 for a 1931 Bugatti Type 51 Grand Prix Racing Two Seater.
In 2015, the top result at the Quail Lodge auction was $8,525,000 for a 1959 Ferrari 250 GT Competizione Alloy Berlinetta with bodywork by Scaglietti.
In 2014, the top result at the Bonhams Quail Lodge auction was the world record $38,115,000 paid for a 1962/3 Ferrari 250 GTO. This was the highest price ever paid at public auction for a car – $8 million more than the previous record set by the 1954 Mercedes Benz W196R Formula 1 car only a year earlier at the Bonhams 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed sale.
More Information on the Monterey Week Classic Car Auctions 2017
- Monterey Week – Updates on all Monterey week 2017 auctions
- Pebble Beach – Updates on Gooding auction announcements, previews and results
- Monterey – Updates on RM Sotheby’s auction announcements, previews and results
- Quail Lodge – Updates on Bonhams auction announcement, previews and results